The Gregory Optic 48 could have been purpose made for packrafting. With a base weight of just over 1kg (1.08) the Optic is literally a few grams heavier than many stripped back UL dyneema packs. But, unlike typical UL bags the Optic is packed full of great features normally found on top end, heavier trekking bags. The internal frame and well padded, fully adjustable shoulder straps give a supportive and comfortable ‘carry’ and the Aerospan backsystem provides great ventilation and stops those uncomfortable ‘gear lumps’ that you get with normal UL packs. For a few years I've tried packs from a long list of high quality manufacturers and regularly found them a huge compromise - I always gravitated back to my PODSACs Black Ice (Sadly no longer available). When I tried Gregory Packs I was amazed by the build quality and the Optic just blew me away. Its my go to packrafting expedition bag now! The feature list is pretty long! Here goes:
- Custom fitted rain cover included (stows in top pocket).
- Great 48l capacity, plenty of room for all your gear.
- Removable top lid with ultra-light weather cover included.
- Under lid attachment strap, great for securing your raft on the pack.
- Durable front stretch mesh pocket – great for wet gear, water shoes etc.
- Dual zippered hip belt pockets – easy access to snacks, map, gps etc while your on the move.
- Dual stretch mesh side pockets – safe and secure paddle storage. No more lost paddle shafts on hikes!
- Internal hydration sleeve and port – compatible with most bladder systems.
- Dual adjustable attachment loops and upper shock locks for trekking poles or ice axes.
- Ultra-light V-Compression system on side and bottom of bags. Great for compressing gear, securing paddles. The underneath compressions straps will fit round smaller rafts allowing you to secure your raft under the pack.
- Quick access on-the-go water bottle stow.
- Sunglass QuickStow system on shoulder harness for quick, secure and scratch-free access to your shades without taking the pack off
- Lower side compression pass-through on side pocket for over/under option
Body and Base - 210D high tenacity Nylon.
Lining - 135D High Density 50% Recycled Polyester.
Harness, Hipbelt, Lumbar - Lifespan EVA.
Frame / Chassis - 7001 hollow aluminium and HDPE.
£180.00 Regular Price